using mpxj to convert xml files to mpp format to share projectlibre files more effectively

Dear Folks,

I have been experimenting with projectlibre (openproj).

My associates use Microsoft Project.

Projectlibre can export files in an xml format that can be imported into MS Project.

But only if you have some extra features installed into it that not everyone has enabled apparently.....

Thus it would be useful to be able to convert a xml file to the mpp format used by MS Project.

I am not completely sure, but it seems that some java software called mpxj has been produced by Microsoft that could convert an xml file of this kind to the mpp format (please correct me if I am wrong).

see here:

http://mpxj.sourceforge.net/howto-start.html

It seems that you need to install something called apache ant to run this application......

The build instructions (http://mpxj.sourceforge.net/howto-build.html) then talk about dll stuff (I think that would be if you ran it on MSWindows).

If you run it on e.g. debian you wouldn't need that part.

Suggestions on installing this in the simplest way to do this file conversion would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Michael Fothergill