Re: debian 8

On 03/04/2015, Petter Adsen <petter@synth.no> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 17:41:44 +0800
> Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/04/2015, Pol Hallen wrote:
>> > I read that at 25 april
>> > (https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/03/msg00016.html)
>> > should be available latest debian version.
>> >

>> What are the expected differences between Debian 7 and Debian 8?
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/ppc64el/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html
>
>> Will Debian 8, when released, provide the "GNOME Classic" interface?
>
> From the above:
>
> "If you want to keep an interface closer to the GNOME 2.30 version in
> wheezy, you can select the “GNOME Classic” session at the login prompt.
> It will bring you an improved version of the traditional panel. You can
> still edit the panel to add more applets, by using the hidden alt+right
> click combination. "

On my Debian 7 system, I tried to find the system monitor applet
system, that I have running in my panel, on Debian 6, that includes 6
little dynamic graphs indicating system status, and I could not find
them.

Are they available in Debian 7 and 8, in the GNOME classic interface?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."