Re: No feedback from systemd / "systemctl stop X"... Nothing on stdout, nothing that `echo $?` can see...

On 13 March 2015 at 12:52, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:

>>> It does no harm, and if a beginner is following a tutorial that expects
>>> /etc/httpd/log, it will still work.
>>

>> The symlink `/etc/httpd/log` is just terrible.
>>
>> If you wanna do a "grep -r myconf /etc", it will scans /var/log... So,
>> yes, it is a total utter crap.
>

> No, this is not correct. grep -r does not follow symbolic links.
> See man 1 grep.

Yes, you're right, I've used a bad example but, I remember that at
least one time, ~10 years ago, I tried to search something under /etc
(CentOS), and got dragged into /var/log, it was "terrifying"...
"Debian culture" is the way to go.

Nevertheless, besides my bad example, it doesn't change the fact that,
that symlink is a crap.    :-P