Installing Openbox

Openbox refuses to start after its installation. I get dropped into TTY1. Using startx works, but Debian will not automatically bring my to TTY7 for Openbox to start.

I’ve installed xorg and openbox using apt-get build-dep first then apt-get install xorg openbox second. I finished with a reboot, but I’m about at my wits end.

I’ve been looking around for about 4 hours on the Debian site and other forums, but they all seem to be missing a step that I’m not understanding.