Re: Question about GRUB recovery using Debian 7.x LiveCD

On Sat 28 Feb 2015 at 15:14:19 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:

> On 02/28/2015 03:06 PM, Brian wrote:
> >
> >Relenting, somewhat. I cannot stand the pain which comes from watching
> >someone struggle. :)
> >
> >e2label(8).
>
> I often trust the opinion of our" hive-mind" more than I do a man
> page. I hate to blow up something working. :) Ric

Very understandable. I do not think adding LABEL to your system would
particularly give you anything which do not have already.

I use it with USB sticks which move from machine to machine, The UUID
may change but the LABEL doesn't. Debian always boots.

Having said that, I do not think labelling with e2label would cause
your system to go into "blow up" mode and the UUID is is still there.
Changing means trusting my judgement. Ignoring the advice means you
can sleep well at nights.