Re: Question about GRUB recovery using Debian 7.x LiveCD

On 25/02/2015, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 February 2015 06:00:58 Bret Busby wrote:
>> Why does the Debian standard installation iso image, not include an
>> "Abort installation" option (at each screen, although, even, a single
>> instantiation, on the primary menu, would help, by rebooting the
>> system into that menu, to do it, if that is the only way to access
>> that option), that would enable ejection of the removable media with
>> the iso image, instead of making this so difficult, to extract the
>> removable media with the iso image?
>
> If someone just wants to abort the installation, why not just turn the PC
> off
> and use a paperclip to remove the CD?

Should that be necessary?

And, no, that did not occur to me - I believe that I have not
previously, used that method to remove an optical disk (either CD or
DVD) from a computer. I do not remember being aware of that method,
before your suggestion.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale