Re: jessie upgrade sources.list entries?

 Hi.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 01:55:44 +1300
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 02:45:43PM +0530, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
> >
> > Why?  Then how do I upgrade?  I'm usually in the KDE desktop terminal
> > when I try all this.  If I'm supposed to do without X, how do I go to
> > terminal only login?
>
> CTRL-ALT-Backspace *should* take you to a console.

<C-A-Bksp> merely kill current X (if Terminate_Action is set to it).
Sadly, a display manager is 'smart' enough to start new X session in
this case.

A working solution would be <C-A-F1> (unless one uses systemd, in
which case it's <C-A-F2>:).

> P.S.
> Please don't tell me that you can't do that anymore.

Um. Hate to break it for you, but <C-A-Bksp> is disabled by default
since 2009 - [1].

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=737b49199a05299486064e6e762cf2a2f6f95be6

Reco