Re: [OT?]Squeeze: update Flashplugin?

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 15:03:57 +0000
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Lisi,

>So sites continue to complain or even refue to run.

Some, yes.  Mostly because such sites require facilities not available in
the Linux version of flashplayer.  Or, at the very least, assume Linux
can't handle flash(0).  IMU that the security warnings are generated by
Ff/IW, not web sites.

When Iceweasel started throwing up flash security warnings on sites I use
on a regular basis, I was amazed(1);  Mostly logins at sites like Amazon.

(0)  Sometimes spoofing as another browser works, but not often enough
to make it a very useful workaround.
(1)  I hadn't realised just how insidious flash is.

--
 Regards  _
If Adolf Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway