Re: [OT?]Squeeze: update Flashplugin?

On 2015-02-10, Michael Graham <oobermick@gmail.com> wrote:

> I managed to fix my issue but I suspect that it was more of a
> coincidence than anything else.  I move the file out of the way,
> restarted firefox, confirmed in about:plugins that the plugin was
> gone, moved the file back, restarted firefox. Ta da!

This kludge appears to have eliminated the warnings for me also.

However, I note that in about:plugins it still says "State: Enabled
(STATE_VULNERABLE_UPDATE_AVAILABLE)".

Of course, I just won't look in about:plugins. Doctor, it hurts when
I go like this (don't go like that).

I also tried purging flashplugin-nonfree (and putting the
manually extracted .so file in ~.mozilla/plugins) with identical
results.

--

"Anything incomprehensible has a sexual significance to many people under 35."

— Zelda Fitzgerald