Re: theme editor?

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 03:37:46 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 03:04:44 AM Petter Adsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 02:44:13 -0500
> >
> > Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > > However I don't see that it was any color editing facilities
> >
> > No, that was my bad - sorry :( I misread "switch-TO-greeter" as
> > "switch-greeter", so I thought maybe you could use it to select what
> > greeter you want to use. But you would probably need to set that
> > in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf - that's also where (IIRC, the VM with
> > Jessie isn't running now) you set the background. For other colours
> > I would think you would need to start with the sample I pointed you
> > to and edit that. It seems pretty straightforward.
> >
> > A couple of web searches turned up a few themes here and there, so
> > you could also use those as a starting point.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > Petter
>
> The problem isn't one I cannot live with if I chose the correct
> theme, but when running kmail under this window manager, 99% of them
> use so faint a marker in the folder list to indicate which folder you
> are in that it needs a concentrated stare to spot it, and if the msg
> list is aggregated other than flat-by-date, there is so much of the
> same garish colors there that I am unable to read the subject line of
> the currently displayed message, the color totally overrides the
> textual content.

That absolutely sounds like a problem, but AFAIK lightdm/wm's should
have no impact on what colours kmail uses. I personally use no k*-apps,
but aren't the colours configurable from within kmail? From what I've
seen of the k-family, they tend to be pretty configurable. Maybe it uses
some system-wide KDE/Qt setting, have you tried to look at that?

If you can't find anything there, I would look for a kmail mailing-list
and ask there.

Failing that, I would suggest you switch to Claws Mail ;-)

> What I was hoping I could do was to make some minor edits in the best
> of the lot to see if it could be further improved.
>
> From the proliferation of available themes available, one would draw
> the conclusion that there is an editor used by the producers of all
> these.

If there is, I haven't found it if you're still talking about lightdm,
but in that case I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree :(

> Looks like a false hope at this time & repo selection.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"