Re: theme editor?

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 03:04:44 AM Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 02:44:13 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, February 09, 2015 11:01:10 PM David Wright wrote:
> > > Quoting Gene Heskett (gheskett@wdtv.com):
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I don't understand this. Earlier in the thread you posted:

> > > Looking at https://packages.debian.org/jessie/i386/lightdm/filelist
> > > we find
> > >
> > > File list of package lightdm in jessie of architecture i386
> > >
> > > /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/lightdm
> > > /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/lightdm_chromium-browser
> > > /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.DisplayManager.conf
> > > /etc/init.d/lightdm
> > > /etc/lightdm/keys.conf
> > > /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
> > > /etc/lightdm/users.conf
> > > /etc/pam.d/lightdm
> > > /etc/pam.d/lightdm-autologin
> > > /etc/pam.d/lightdm-greeter
> > > /lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service
> > > /usr/bin/dm-tool
> > > ←--------------------------------------------------
> >
> > I thought it was a separate package, duh.
> >
> > However I don't see that it was any color editing facilities
>
> No, that was my bad - sorry :( I misread "switch-TO-greeter" as
> "switch-greeter", so I thought maybe you could use it to select what
> greeter you want to use. But you would probably need to set that
> in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf - that's also where (IIRC, the VM with
> Jessie isn't running now) you set the background. For other colours I
> would think you would need to start with the sample I pointed you to
> and edit that. It seems pretty straightforward.
>
> A couple of web searches turned up a few themes here and there, so you
> could also use those as a starting point.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Petter

The problem isn't one I cannot live with if I chose the correct theme, but
when running kmail under this window manager, 99% of them use so faint a
marker in the folder list to indicate which folder you are in that it
needs a concentrated stare to spot it, and if the msg list is aggregated
other than flat-by-date, there is so much of the same garish colors there
that I am unable to read the subject line of the currently displayed
message, the color totally overrides the textual content.

What I was hoping I could do was to make some minor edits in the best of
the lot to see if it could be further improved.

From the proliferation of available themes available, one would draw the
conclusion that there is an editor used by the producers of all these.

Looks like a false hope at this time & repo selection.

Thanks Petter.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)