Re: jessie upgrade sources.list entries?

On Tue, Feb 10 2015,Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 February 2015 08:13:11 Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

[snipped 35 lines]

> If everything installed swimmingly and is working fine, why?

Well, everyone says move to Jessie.  I thought once you get a clean
system working, let's get on the bandwagon.

And my sources list is fine?

> And, if you do do it, do an
> #apt-get upgrade
> before the dist-upgrade.

errm....before which dist-upgrade?   And why?

> I never quite know why people do the download-only stage, unless there are
> problems with bandwidth and you want to download overnight?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the above.  What is this in reference
to?  I'm upgrading because it was suggested I move to jessie once I
get my backports conflicts resolved.

 sivaram