Re: theme editor?

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 02:44:13 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 09, 2015 11:01:10 PM David Wright wrote:
> > Quoting Gene Heskett (gheskett@wdtv.com):
> > [...]
> >
> > > dm-tool sounds like something I should look at, but it is not in
> > > the repo's I address. Fixable?
> > >
> > > Thanks Petter.
> >
> > I don't understand this. Earlier in the thread you posted:

> > Looking at https://packages.debian.org/jessie/i386/lightdm/filelist
> > we find
> >
> > File list of package lightdm in jessie of architecture i386
> >
> > /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/lightdm
> > /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/lightdm_chromium-browser
> > /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.DisplayManager.conf
> > /etc/init.d/lightdm
> > /etc/lightdm/keys.conf
> > /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
> > /etc/lightdm/users.conf
> > /etc/pam.d/lightdm
> > /etc/pam.d/lightdm-autologin
> > /etc/pam.d/lightdm-greeter
> > /lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service
> > /usr/bin/dm-tool ←--------------------------------------------------
>
> I thought it was a separate package, duh.
>
> However I don't see that it was any color editing facilities

No, that was my bad - sorry :( I misread "switch-TO-greeter" as
"switch-greeter", so I thought maybe you could use it to select what
greeter you want to use. But you would probably need to set that
in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf - that's also where (IIRC, the VM with
Jessie isn't running now) you set the background. For other colours I
would think you would need to start with the sample I pointed you to
and edit that. It seems pretty straightforward.

A couple of web searches turned up a few themes here and there, so you
could also use those as a starting point.

Good luck!

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"