Re: I screwed up gdm3, can't recover

Patrick Bartek wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Note that X now by default disables control-alt-backspace now.  This
> > is an Ubuntu page but it documents it.
>
> Right.  I forgot.  You're using Jessie.  Another "improvement."

That change was introduced in Debian in Squeeze 6.  No changes for
Jessie on that topic.

> Why do these people need to "fix" things that aren't broken?

I would contribute to a bounty payment if someone solved that
problem.  Very unfortunately I doubt the problem is solvable because
people are people.

> "They" rationalize saying it's to prevent people from "accidentally"
> shutting down X (or whatever) and loosing data.  I say: "You can't fix
> stupid!"

There is an old joke.  The punch line is, "I have heard of people
falling out of love but never people falling out of stupid."

Bob