Re: Recommendations for a AMD64 Jessie xfce/kde cd

On Sunday 08 February 2015 13:45:26 Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> On 02/08/2015 03:22 PM, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there an official jessie cd with only kde/xfce?  I'd like to use only
> > kde or xfce and currently I can't seem to find an iso for it.  The
> > last one I downloaded had 7.7_amd64-kde-iso or something of that
> > sort.
> >
> > Any links or recommendations?
>
> Hi,
>  there is Jessie net install images -
> https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
>
> Just install minimum Debian OS (choose advanced/expert mode on the first
> menu of the installer) and after first reboot install with apt-get or
> aptitude whatever you want - xorg, kde, xfce, etc.
>
> If somehow Jessie installer doesn't work for you, you can install Wheezy
> and the upgrade OS to Jessie.

Alternatively, just go with the installer as first offered to you,
(Choose "Install") and choose the desktop you want when you get to the task
selector.  It currently offers both of the ones you mention as options.
There's no need to go via a minumum install unless you have a reason for
wanting to do so.

Note:  Until recently you had to choose Advanced install to get a choice of
DE.  With the current Jessie, you don't.

I have just used this installer this afternoon, and it was great.  Very easy
and fast.  I installed LXDE and added TDE.

Lisi