Re: Recommendations for a AMD64 Jessie xfce/kde cd

Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an official jessie cd with only kde/xfce?

  check the cd images in the link below.  i see one for
kde or xfce.

>  I'd like to use only
> kde or xfce and currently I can't seem to find an iso for it.  The
> last one I downloaded had 7.7_amd64-kde-iso or something of that
> sort.
>
> Any links or recommendations?

  check:

  https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

  the word "Official" on that page is unfortunate because it
has a specific meaning with respect to the actual released
images of Debian.

  at the moment there are really no "Official" Jessie
images any place.  Jessie is not released.  the above
link is to the work in progress for the installer and
various images.

  any of those can be tried (suitable for your architecture
and download speeds).  usually the first dvd will have most
of what you need.

  daily images if they are there will be the most current.

  songbird