Re: SSL error in (e)links(2) web browers

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015 23:08:29 -0700
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> Marko Randjelovic wrote:
> > When I use links2 or elinks web browsers on some websites when https is
> > https://webmail.sbb.rs/
>
> elinks does not complain about the site.  This may be a bug in elinks
> as it may be ignoring an error.
>
> I am able to recreate that problem using links2.  And also curl and
> wget.  elinks gives me this error:
>
>   Verification failure: unable to get local issuer certificate

When I use elinks (Squeeze) with

set connection.ssl.cert_verify = 1

$ elinks -dump https://webmail.sbb.rs/
ELinks: SSL error

Without:

$ elinks -dump https://webmail.sbb.rs/
                                      SBB

Prijava

   Korisničko ime [1]_____________________
   [3]Captcha Verification Image [4]osveži
   [6]Prijava
   Ukoliko nemate kreiran SBB webmail nalog, možete ga kreirati na portalu
   [7]MojSBB.
   Copyright © 2002 - 2014, SBB. All rights reserved.