Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On Sat 07 Feb 2015 at 23:05:00 -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
> > Emacs24.4 is working for me.  What fails to install was the swirl
> > package in R which needed Lcurl or libcurl which needed the ssl
> > libs. From yours and Brian's research it seems that the backports
> > install of Emacs messes with R package installation.
>
> You say "messes with" but I say installs later versions of backported
> packages.  Which is exactly what you want but was confusing when it
> wasn't known what was happening.

I think my lack of familiarity with backports has muddied the waters. I
didn't try

  apt-get -t wheezy-backports install libcurl4-openssl-dev

although I did look at wheezy-backports on the packages page at the web
site. Not finding it there lead me to believe there was bug. There isn't.