Re: incomplete update(?) trashed my system

On 08/02/15 02:42, Charles Blair wrote:
Filesystem         1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs               330215  239888     73278  77% /

Ah. Yes, you haven't got enough room left on your root file system to unpack a new kernel package. (Debian kernel packages are currently running at about 150MB unpacked size these days.)

(Incidentally, do you mind me asking *why* you run mozilla, claws-mail, etc. as root? Clearing all the interactive-application droppings out of /root *might* give you enough room to solve your problem without rearranging your filesystems.)