Re: FLAC playback in Iceweasel

August Karlstrom wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a package in Debian Wheezy that provides
> playback of FLAC files in Iceweasel? On the page
> http://hpr.dogphilosophy.net/test/ all clips work for me except the last
> one.

As far as I know there isn't one.  That doesn't mean one doesn't
exist.  It just means I have the same result that you have.  All of
the formats play except for flac.

I have never seen flac used on the net before.  So I don't think there
is much itch to have that working.  Of course there will be support
for mp3 but I am happy to see support for ogg, weba, and opus.  Native
audio in HTML5 is an order of magnitude easier to deal with than in
previous versions requiring Flash or Javascript players.

Bob