Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On Sat, Feb 07 2015,Bob Proulx wrote:

[snipped 36 lines]

> In for a penny, in for a pound.  I think this is just a natural
> consequence of using backport software.  Sivaram should keep going
> with backports.
>
> Since the goal is to get emacs24 installed I would keep going.
> Insteall libcurl4-openssl-dev using the backports target.  The trace
> is long so will include it after my signature.
>
>   apt-get -t wheezy-backports install libcurl4-openssl-dev

Emacs24.4 is working for me.  What fails to install was the swirl
package in R which needed Lcurl or libcurl which needed the ssl
libs. From yours and Brian's research it seems that the backports
install of Emacs messes with R package installation.

Looks like I'll pass the backports install of libcurl4 if it almost
installs all the base packages, sort of.  Besides, I'll move to Jessie
when it's declared stable or the moment I see the kde iso available on
the web.

[snipped 141 lines]

 sivaram