using gnome, hotkey problem

Greetings;

Where would I find the location in a config file that uses the F10 key to open
a terminal file requester?  It is blocking thne F10 key from getting to mc,
and making a single keystroke exit into a tedious at least 3 clicks of the
mouse to exit mc when I am done.

I have scoured the prefs in the master menu without finding that. And it does
not seem to be in the terminals editable prefs.

The plain old F10 is all I want to nuke.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)