Re: Epiphany installation

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Ethan Rosenberg
<erosenberg@hygeiabiomedical.com> wrote:
> Dear List -
>
> I installed Epiphany with the package manager and receive a segmentation
> fault message if I try to run from the command line. It will not run at all
> from the desktop. The permissions are 777, and it is owned by me.
>
> ethan@meow:~$ which epiphany
> /usr/bin/epiphany
> ethan@meow:~$ su
> Password:
> root@meow:/home/ethan# /usr/bin/epiphany
> Segmentation fault

Please provide more info.
1) What version of epiphany is this? What is the output of epiphany
--version? What is the output of "dpkg -l \*epiphany\* | grep ^ii"?

2) Do you get the segmentation fault under normal user account or is
the segmentation fault triggered only when you launch it under root
account?

For me epiphany 3.14.1 opens up normally under normal user account.
With root account, I see the following display error.

rajulocal@hogwarts ~/learning % su
Password:
root@hogwarts:/home/rajulocal/learning# epiphany
No protocol specified

** (epiphany:6290): WARNING **: Could not open X display
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Failed to parse arguments: Cannot open display:

hth
raju