Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On Fri 06 Feb 2015 at 14:14:34 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:

> Do a CLEAN install to Jessie, if at all possible. There is just too
> great a gap between Jessie and Wheezy for me to trust upgrading.
> This way you get it all right, from the get-go. It would be like
> "upgrading" 8.04 Ubuntu to 14.10 in one go. Do a backup and let
> /home get clobbered too. That went flawlessly for me. Ric

Upgrading is a foundation stone of Debian. Not being able to do it with
confidence would greatly detract from its usefulness. Sorry, but, after
doing an upgrade for nearly 20 years, I would have to disagree with you.

Debian is not Ubuntu (a fine distribution about which I know nothing in
this regard).

I'm not saying there may not be a slight problem or two but that is a
far cry from a "great gap".