Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On Fri 06 Feb 2015 at 11:11:32 -0600, David Wright wrote:

> Quoting Sivaram Neelakantan (nsivaram.net@gmail.com):
> > On Fri, Feb 06 2015,Brian  wrote:
> > > On Fri 06 Feb 2015 at 14:04:25 +0000, Brian wrote:
> > > As far as I can see, purging emacs24 may be the only solution.
> >
> > Oh well, that's not something I want to do.
>
> Would installing jessie (has emacs24) instead of wheezy be an option?
> You said you were new to Debian, so perhaps there's little point in
> getting comfortable on a system that's about to be superceded (and,
> in the minds of many, already has been).

This might be something Sivaram Neelakantan is prepared to do to get
over this problem in his situation. But remember that Wheezy will be
with us for at least another year and this bug would remain in the
backports archive.

I'd be prepared to report it (if Sivaram Neelakantan doesn't) but is it
in the emacs package? Also, what severity? If it is seen as breaking
unrelated software on the system it would be "critical".