Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On Fri 06 Feb 2015 at 14:04:25 +0000, Brian wrote:

> I never use backports so am not overly familiar with its operation or
> how it fits with the rest of the archives. However, this does not look
> like something that should happen. If we understood what is happening
> we can produce a solution. (Other than purging emacs24 :)).

As far as I can see, purging emacs24 may be the only solution.

libcurl4-openssl-dev requires libp11-kit-dev and the latter depends on
libp11-kit0 (= 0.12-3).

The installation of emacs24 upgrades libp11-kit0 to 0.20.7-1~bpo70+1, so
libcurl4-openssl-dev cannot be installed.

This looks like a bug against the emacs24 backport. Opinions?