Re: 3rd new wheezy install

Gene Heskett wrote:
> I have been down that graden path so many times I think I could do it in my
> sleep.  ...

Unfortunately being asleep isn't good for doing it correctly.  Because
everyone keeps showing you how to do it and you never show us that you
are following the directions.

> File it, its a bug, a huge one IMO, you may want to take your favorite deer
> rifle along in case it attacks you.

Sorry but this is a phantom bug of your imagination.  It doesn't
actually exist.

> But why do I have to repeat what I've said all along?

Because you keep telling us that the world is flat and we know that
isn't true.  The world is round.  Saying that it is flat doesn't make
it flat.  It really is round.  No matter how many times you say it is
otherwise.  In this case truth wins over rhetoric.

> I have even posted the outputs obtained from other partiotioning
> utilites after several other installs, and they all show similar
> results.

Except that you haven't.  The only time you posted actual data it came
from a different partitioner and not from the debian-installer.  I
said that here:

  https://lists.debian.org/20150121234014606439638.NoCcsPlease@bob.proulx.com

You have not yet ever posted any details showing the debian-installer
not working properly.  We keep giving you the benefit of the doubt and
asking.  You keep talking saying that it doesn't work but never give
any details showing this.  It works for everyone else.

> Your bug tracker isn't accessible to me as I don't even have
> incoming mail setup such that I could confirm the subscription I'd
> need to file the bug.  Chicken v egg.

Incorrect.  The bug tracker is simply email.  It does not require
confirmation to submit a bug report.  What makes you think it does?
It simply requires email.  You have proven that you can send email
therefore you can send an email to the bug tracker.  To submit a bug
report simply send off an email.  That is all there is to it.

  https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
  See the section "Sending the bug report via e-mail"

However if the bug report is like the email messages you have sent to
the mailing list saying that the world is flat without details then it
wouldn't be useful.  They could only be closed saying the world is
round.  So far you haven't given any details supporting your belief
that the debian-installer does not do what we all see it do whenever
we use it.

Bob