Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On Wednesday 04 February 2015 20:20:10 Ric Moore wrote:
> On 02/04/2015 06:26 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 February 2015 07:35:29 Ric Moore wrote:
> >> As root user, apt-get install synaptic
> >> Let it install your programs for you. It's a great GUI package tool,
> >> that most use.
> >
> > And you have got your statistics from??  I would seriously query that
> > most users, on this list anyhow, use synaptic.  Personally, I greatly
> > prefer aptitude.
>
> Well, there ya go. The people I hang with seem to prefer it and have for
> eons. It's simple point n click, and rarely gums things up. I seriously
> doubt that the OP would be where he is now, had he used it to start with.
>
> So, my response was to suggest something pretty much dead easy to use,
> especially for a first time user. You've been around forever, so
> aptitude and it's interface is easy for you. I've been around forever,
> as well, and I don't like it, ergo I don't recommend it. To each their
> own, eh?

Of course!  I wasn't objecting to your using synaptic.  I can't imagine why
you want to. ;-) I have more than once used aptitude to sort out synpatic
snafus.  But as you say, to each his own.  No, I was objecting to your trying
to claim that, because you use it, it follows ipso facto that *most* people
do the same.

Lisi