Re: unmet dependencies: libcurl4-openssl-dev

On 02/04/2015 06:26 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Wednesday 04 February 2015 07:35:29 Ric Moore wrote:
As root user, apt-get install synaptic
Let it install your programs for you. It's a great GUI package tool,
that most use.

And you have got your statistics from??  I would seriously query that most
users, on this list anyhow, use synaptic.  Personally, I greatly prefer
aptitude.

Well, there ya go. The people I hang with seem to prefer it and have for eons. It's simple point n click, and rarely gums things up. I seriously doubt that the OP would be where he is now, had he used it to start with.

So, my response was to suggest something pretty much dead easy to use, especially for a first time user. You've been around forever, so aptitude and it's interface is easy for you. I've been around forever, as well, and I don't like it, ergo I don't recommend it. To each their own, eh?

The only thing synaptic and aptitude cannot save you from is using dpkg to manually shoehorn some package in. I suspect that this may be the case. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html