Re: Strange window opens with document libreoffice..

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:43:57 +1100
Charlie <ariestao@ipstarmail.com.au> wrote:

> 	From my keyboard:
>

> Using Debian Jessie
>
> LibreOffice:
>
> -- Version: 4.3.3.2
> Build ID: 430m0(Build:2)
>
> FVWM
>
> Was sent a .docx newsletter, saved it with LibreOffice as an .odt
> document and then clicked on a picture and clicked on profile, and now
> every .docx document that comes up has this window in front of it.
>
> However, if I open a .docx document from an email attachment the
> window doesn't appear.
>
> Hunted through the tool bars, but there is nothing open that shouldn't
> be?
>
> Looked through top -c in case there was something else opened under
> libreoffice. Nothing.
>
> Then as can be seen in the background opened it in a terminal, but it
> reported nothing.
>
> Then just working on it the cursor came to a picture and placed it in
> that profile box, asked me if I wanted to create a new profile, so
> what the heck? Yes, why not, Then libreoffice crashed with this:

>         Major opcode: 73 (X_GetImage)
>         Resource ID:  0x56001bf
>         Serial No:    374531 (374531)
> These errors are reported asynchronously,
> set environment variable SAL_SYNCHRONIZE to 1 to help debugging
> Application Error
>
> It doesn't tell me where I might:
>
> set environment variable SAL_SYNCHRONIZE to 1 to help debugging
>
> so have no idea.
>
> Maybe someone has come across this bug? Feature?
>
> TIA
> Charlie

I sent this previously and I assume that no one else had the problem,
but was unable to discover how to remove that blocking window.

So purged libreoffice and then attempted to reinstall it, but was
stopped with this error thanks to apt-listbugs:

serious bugs of openjdk-7-jre-headless (→ 7u71-2.5.3-2) <Outstanding>
 b1 - #774873 - Circular dependency in java-headless packages
Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages?
[Y/n/?/...] n
****** Exiting with an error in order to stop the installation. ******
E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt returned an error code (10)
E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt

So after the last problem I had on another laptop, I didn't answer yes
to the install/upgrade.

I suppose this will eventually be fixed?

I can live without libreoffice, tried abiword, but it's not working at
all either. Maybe it can't open .docx documents, maybe the same problem?
Anyway purged that as well.

Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	I scarcely remember counting upon any Happiness—I look not for
	it if it be not in the present hour—nothing startles me beyond
	the Moment. The setting sun will always set me to rights—or if
	a Sparrow come before my Window I take part in its existence
	and pick about the Gravel. ----JOHN KEATS