Re: Laptop advice

On 01/18/2015 05:29 PM, john@AgeingGracefully.ca wrote:
> I have never installed used nor installed linux on a laptop ($500 - $600),
> however I have decided to buy one but before doing so I need some advice. These
> are the questions that come to mind.
>
> 1. Graphics radeon or nvidia? I have nvidia on my desktop but have no
> experience with radeon.
> 2. WiFi what to avoid?
> 3. Dual boot? What problems should I expect?
>
> I will install Jessie from a thumb drive and upgrade to testing when Jessie
> becomes stable.

Some online available lists are mentioned already in this thread but I
think that you should also check the following page too:
https://wiki.debian.org/Hardware

After the purchase you can contribute yourself on some projects like
https://h-node.org/ in order to help future linux-friendly purchases.

Dalios