Re: Error on upgrade..............

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 01:08:10 +1300 Chris Bannister sent:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 10:41:11PM +1100, Charlie wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 23:29:40 +1300 Chris Bannister sent:
> >
> > No. I did a few things to try to get it to work and might have
> > deleted it out of /var/cache/apt/archives/
>
> I regulary do an 'apt-get clean' just to free up the space, not sure
> what other issues it solves.
>
> > Whatever I did it's not there and I have run apt-get update several
> > times and apt-get upgrade with and without -f it didn't work.
>
> If there is a problem in one of the install scripts, then it doesn't
> matter how many times you try, it will fail every time.
>
> > But I need to reinstall this system anyway. But will probably do it
> > next Monday when I'm somewhere that has sufficient bandwidth.
>
> If you could resolve this issue, do you still think you will need to
> reinstall?
>
> HANG ON, this is bug #773806 -- did you not check the bts?
>
> I'd say the fix is to download the one from sid and install that.
>
> Have you got apt-listbugs installed?

I have now. Thanks for that.

The lappy that I'm taking about is a second machine that doesn't always
boot in the first instance, something wrong with POST I think, it
sometimes doesn't complete.

Anyway, I see I'm running out of space in /usr and /home and the data
partitions.

I might try to make this a VM machine, not that I have any idea what
I'm talking about, and will have to read up. But at the moment there is
just too much I have on my plate to attempt it.

So maybe a week from now? Hopefully, if I can get this load trimmed
down.

Thank you for your help and thank you for apt-listbugs.

Stay well,
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Deep in their roots, All flowers keep the light. .....Theodore
	Roethke