Error message on console at logging in

Hi all.

With Debian 8: on my Acer netbook, when logging in, if I rotate the screen,
many undesired lines appear on the console complaining:

 usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71

.  No usb device is inserted in the machine, but the error message disturbs the
logging in.  With previous Debian versions, such kernel messages were avoided
simply appending to /etc/init.d/rc.local the line:

dmesg -n 1

, but now this does not help any more.  Apparently, the message does not seem
to correspond to any effective problem, so I wish I could prevent it to appear.

Thanks for any help,

Rodolfo