Re: Sound in Jessie

On 02/01/2015 11:59 PM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1324951&page=2&p=10741579#post10741579

The fix the user there suggested for the exact same error message was:

usermod -aG audio [user]

This thread is familiar. If you all already addressed that as a
possible solution last time, my apologies in advance. I figure
exposure to that we have to mess around with groups sometimes might
help a newer user anyway so repetition is a win in that respect. :)

Cindy, here are the groups my user is a member of:
------------------------
ric@iam:/etc$ more group |grep ric
adm:x:4:ric
cdrom:x:24:ric
floppy:x:25:ric
sudo:x:27:ric
audio:x:29:ric,pulse,timidity
dip:x:30:ric
video:x:44:ric
plugdev:x:46:ric
staff:x:50:ric
netdev:x:102:ric
ric:x:1000:
saned:x:108:ric
mlocate:x:109:ric
pulse-access:x:114:ric:
timidity:x:121:ric
ric@iam:/etc$
My sound works. I hope this helps. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256