Re: NFS server write issues using netgroup

Peter Viskup wrote:

> root@media:~# grep netgroup /etc/nsswitch.conf
> netgroup:       files

on the server here it is also disabled

        #netgroup:       nis

I assume your file is also the server side one.
The server here was configured years ago, so I am not sure why it is
commented out, but it should have come from a NFS howto or so like here.

       netgroup    Network-wide list of hosts and users, used for access
                   rules.  C libraries before glibc 2.1 supported netgroups
                   only over NIS.

I suggest you check "man nsswitch.conf"

Also it would be helpful to mention the NFS version you are using. I assume
it is 3, but still there is a major difference between 3 and 4 in how
groups are mapped.