Re: 2 TB HDD not automounting under Debian.

On 02/02/2015, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe the drive is formatted NTFS? NTFS drives won't automount under
> my Ubuntu system, either. However, the older FAT partitions had a file
> size limit that was too low for todays media so newer large drives
> don't use it.
>
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> This is on a testing machine What happened is I bought a 2 TB Seagate
>> Backup Plus Slim
>> couple of days ago. The system is an old system having few USB 2 ports
>> while the HDD is USB 3 but supposedly backward compatible. I can see
>> the HDD via lsusb and fdisk but for some reason it's unable to
>> automount it. Any ideas what could be the issue ?

I have USB external drives that I understand to be NTFS, that
automount, on Debian 6 (both before LTS, and, with LTS), so I think
that that might not be a problem.

I have just checked.

I have an HP USB external HDD, 500GB. It is NTFS, as shown in the
Debian 6 system Disk Utility.

It automounts on Debian 6LTS, and, it had been automounting on this
Debian 6 system, before the LTS.

So, I believe that it is not an issue to do with NTFS.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."