Re: Glibc 2.15 not found?

On 1/29/15, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/29/2015 02:08 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:
>> Stephen <skaldicpoet9@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't mind building it by hand, I'm trying to get more 'hands on'
>>> (pun completely intended) with Debian. I am just a novice user though
>>> so I have a very faint clue what your talking about...
>>
>> If you are a novice user, the glibc is the _last_ thing you want to mess
>> with.
>
> Jessie is completely stable, according to my experience. You will be
> better off just doing a fresh install, after backing up personal files.

I was thinking the exact same thing, that Jessie has proved stable
*for me*. That's a disclaimer intended to mean everyone's own
experience can and will vary.. Jessie's in fact *so stable* for me,
I'm actually.... bored. I debootstrapped Sid couple hours ago and am
just running through my inbox before attempting to set Sid up tonight.

After years of doing these kinds of things every possible way wrong,
my most likely path now in a situation like this would be to go the
route of installing the whole new newer release (upgrade) if that is
the only place the desired package is found. With installing a whole
new unified release, everything is intended to work together rather
than, for example, us users trying to shove one of Jessie's new square
pegs into a potentially non-existent old round hole in Wheezy.

And I would be doing the above *KNOWING* Jessie is still labeled as
*testing* which means not guaranteed stable even though many of us are
finding it works well right now.

Good luck whichever route you go!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* Installing Sid?! Got a fire extinguisher handy just in case? CHECK! *