debian/testing philosophie?

Hi folks,

over the years i noticed, that from time to time packages disappearing from
the testing repo, but that packages are then still in stable and in unstable.

That is weired for me, as I would suppose, that a package disappearing in
testin would also not to be found in unstable any more. I would also expect it
to be disappeared in unstable first (as this is more actaual than testing), and
after this in testing.

The last package, where I) noticed it at the moment is kphone.

Can someone explain me this strannge philosophie?

Thanks for enlighting me.

Best regards

Hans