Re: Unable to join the Debian User Forum; appears that all IPs are being black-listed.

On Friday 09 January 2015 22:35:45 Bob Proulx wrote:
> And also good editor skills of trimming out unneeded excess quoting.
> Be brutal with removing excess quotes!  Personally I would rather see
> no previous quoted material rather than bad full quoting.  Want to see
> what the message looks like to other people?  Take a look at it in the
> mailing list archive.  If it is hard for you to read then it will be
> hard for other people to read too.
>
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2015/01/msg00288.html
>
> Contrast that to this message in the archive.  I have brutally trimmed
> the quotes to just the points to which I am replying.
>

> [🔎] 20150109151004514416184.NoCcsPlease@bob.proulx.com">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 20150109151004514416184.NoCcsPlease@bob.proulx.com

Most of the bad trimming in the first of these is mine.  I am very bad at
trimming.  I over-cut or cut the wrong thing so that when I read the nessage
back later I can't follow it - so how can anyone else.  So then I cut too
little.  But don't blame poor Wayne who made quite a good job of my hash.

I was told always to leave enough for someone new to the list/thread to be
able to follow what the discussion is about just by reading your posting, and
not a scrap more.  But I am not very good at it.

Lisi