Re: help in purging old packages

On 09/01/15 11:23 AM, Comer Duncan wrote:
Hi,

I have a situation in which I am running wheezy 7.7 and for various reasons now want to purge all packages which for some reason are still present from etch, lenny, and squeeze. What I would like to know is how can I purge all such packages using dpkg? I can not seem to find how to select just those old packages for purging. Can those who know about this please help?

Thanks.

Check out aptitude autoclean and aptitude clean. Or you can install deborphan.