Re: debhelper stripping debugging symbols

On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 11:19 -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> If you attach the actual rules file, then we might get to that answer.
>
> It's also possible that you didn't have debugging symbols included in
> the first place (-g).

It turns out I'm either blind, stupid, or probably both. The = was
actually in the original and when I removed it, it behaves as it
should.

Here's the debian/rules anyways in case you see anything else that
could help:

        <http://pastebin.com/7Y3h0bzu>

> [Furthermore, dh_strip always runs, it just doesn't strip if nostrip is
> in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.]

Correct. The arguments vary depending on the value of
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS.

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred