Re: upgrade from wheezy to jessie

On 06/01/15 13:12, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 06 Jan 2015 at 12:11:48 +0100, Gerard ROBIN wrote:
>
>> usually when the distribution changes, I update my system rather than
>> reinstall everything. But for the transition from wheezy to jessie,
>> I would like to know:
>>
>> -1- Is it possible to go from wheezy to jessie, keeping sysvinit.
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/i386/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#systemd-upgrade-default-init-system
>
> An alternative for you is to install sysvinit-core after updating but
> before upgrading.

There's an awful lot of FUD spread on the internet (and, sadly, even on
this list), mostly engendered by bigotry against the systemd author(s).

My advice would be to go with the minimum effort upgrade, as you would
have done in the past. I've been running Jessie in a KVM client for
several months now, with zero problems.

--
Tony van der Hoff  | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Ariège, France     |