Re: Jumbo frame Debian Wheezy.

Thanks for the reply yes you are correct. i assume and find out the same. i could to change the MTU of the local LAN. then i added 4x1Gb intel  LAN on the same system and it was working as expected. that shows limit was with the Hardware.

Thanks,
Yousuf

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Alexis <flexibeast@gmail.com> wrote:

Muhammad Yousuf Khan writes:

> i am trying to enable jumbo frame on Debian wheezy however nothing
> works.
>
> i ran a command "ifconfig eth0 mtu 9000"
>
> and receive "invalid argument"
>
> then i edit /etc/network/interfaces and added "mtu 9000"
> when i ifdown and ifup eth0
> it shows the same error "invalid argument"
>
> Please help.

It might be that your Ethernet adaptor doesn't support an MTU of
9000. For example, the maximum MTU of the adaptor in my laptop is 6122;
attempts to set the MTU to a larger value than that produces the
"SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument" error.

Alexis.