umtsmon - will it be interesting?

Dear list, happy new year!

I think, many of you are looking for a tool, that makes GPRS/UMTS-connection
as easy as possible. I looked around, and really, there are not many. There is
gnome-ppp, networkmanager and modem-manager-gui, but none of them made me
really happy.

But there is a solution, not really a new invention, but the best I found. It
is called umtsmon.

However, umtsmon is rather old, and depends still on qt3, but it is making the
job best.

The problem is, it cannot be compiled on modern debian systems, due to the
lack of qt3 and missing libqt3-mt.

But I found a solution: I found already compiled binaries, which are working
great in debian multiarch. I think, the libs are statically compiled in.

However, I packed all the necessary files into a tar-file, including the
binaries and the sourcecode, of course, as well.

Also I added a README, what the files mean.

With this message, I hope to reach two things:

First, I want to make people happy, who were looking for an easy UMTS-dial in
also usable by theire grandmas, and

second, maybe luckyly find some experienced coder, who might want to port this
nice application to qt4 or even qt5.

In the README I also described, why I think, umtsmon beats the other apps.

If one wants to have a look, here is the link:
http://www.ccpeine.de/downloads/umtsmon-0.9-debian.tar.gz

Please feel free to ask any questions, and please, no flamewars.

Happy hacking! Best

Hans