Re: Debian right for my use?

On 12/31/2014 08:35 PM, Cadman wrote:
I need help determining whether Debian OS is the right OS for my needs.
I am a Draftsman working from home due to physical handicaps.  I use
graphic and RAM memory intensive 3D CAD software

What 3D CAD software?

in Windows 7.

Which edition of Windows 7?  How many bits?

My W7 OS is operating poorly

Then you should wipe your hard drive and reinstall Windows.

and is expensive to replace.

If you think $130 for Windows is expensive:

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-Builder-Refurbished-Installation/dp/B00LG242A0/ref=sr_1_2?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1420183710&sr=1-2

Then take a look at AutoCAD:

    http://www.autodesk.com/store/autocad

Or Maya:

    http://www.autodesk.com/store/maya

PTC doesn't even list the price for Creo (Pro/E):

    http://www.ptc.com/product/creo/get-pricing

If you're serious about starting a home business, then I suggest that you write a business plan. Nolo press has a good book on the subject:

    http://www.nolo.com/products/how-to-write-a-business-plan-sbs.html

HTH,

David