Re: remote printing for an USB printer

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014, Lisi Reisz wrote:

Go into CUPS web interface.  Go to Administration -> printers -> click on the
printer that you want -> click on the administration drop down menu and alter
the server settings to give you what you want.

  hi Lisi,
  what I want is to get, when I print 1 page, only 1 sheet, and not 100.
  What do you suggest to achieve this goal?

  As in a big number of documents about print sharing with CUPS, you
  don't say whether the command must be run on the server or on the client.
  In this case, it is really not obvious as

  1/ on the server, as already said, the config is perfectly correct
     and I don't see what I could modify.
  2/ on the client, you can't modify anything, as when you try to modify
     default options, you are redirected to the server.

   I did an other try, after enabling the debug option, and as before:
   - I got a printed sheet, and several others, until I canceled all the jobs.
   - in less than 3 seconds, the print queue on the server became filled with
     more than 100 entries.

I join a part of the log files(the error_log of the server for a few
seconds had more than 50000 lines)

Can anybody understand something after reading them?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel
The following attachment was sent,
The following attachment was sent,
but NOT saved in the Fcc copy:
    A Text/PLAIN (Name="access_log.client") segment of about 318 bytes.
The following attachment was sent,
but NOT saved in the Fcc copy:
    A Text/PLAIN (Name="error_log.server") segment of about 23,321 bytes.
The following attachment was sent,
but NOT saved in the Fcc copy:
    A Text/PLAIN (Name="error_log.client") segment of about 41,143 bytes.