Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On Mon 08 Dec 2014 at 08:31:57 -0500, The Wanderer wrote:

> On 12/08/2014 at 06:41 AM, Martin Read wrote:

> >> Can't you write a small script to obviate the limitations of your
> >> human memory, like this little hacker here did?
> >
> > There is *no legitimate basis* for arguing with the OP's complaint.
> > The systemd transition has caused a user interface regression, which
> > should be fixed.
> >
> > I like systemd, but I do wish certain of its non-coding proponents
> > would stop indulging in incendiary defence of it against legitimate
> > complaints.
>
> Exactly. It's at least as bad as the people who blame systemd for
> everything that they see go wrong after the changeover.

Sorry, I see no "defence" ("incendiary" or otherwise) of any init system
being made in this thread. What I do see is people trying to help with a
solution to a problem. One by Curt is referenced above. By all means
criticise it but to see something like that as some some sort "proponent"
argument is not warranted.