Re: Canon printers on wheezy (solved)

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 2:47 PM, ken <gebser@mousecar.com> wrote:
> Hey, Rob,
>
> I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a Canon PIXMA MX422 (same as the
> MX429 sold at Walmart) working.  It's a newer all-in-one printer.
>
> I downloaded both source code and rpm tarballs from Canon Singapore. The RPM
> wouldn't install because it needed libusb v.1.0.1 which is much higher than
> what I have.  Similar library dependencies prevented me from successfully
> compiling (autogen.sh & make) all of the source code files.
>
> So what was your secret?

This is exactly why I asked the OP to post his solution instead of
keeping it to himself.

Coming back to your question, Ken, I have a Canon Pixma MX870. I have
summarized the instructions to set this up at
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/2014/06/setting-up-canon-pixma-mx870-printer-on.html

Since the models are very similar, it might work for your case.

raju