Re: systemd-free alternatives are not off topic.

On 11/23/2014 12:17 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
 That is the huge majority of Debian users.
Some will get a rude surprise when they upgrade and things don't work as
expected.

Like what?? I first installed systemd back when it was announced. I have yet to have a single problem with it.

Many will be able to fix those problems - but at a cost of time and
manpower.  Others will have neither the time nor the money to fix the
problems, and still others will not have the technical expertise to do so.

And yet the Linux community continues to lurch from pillar to post, as always, surviving by our collective wits. That is our strength. That part you just don't seem to appreciate, that nothing is ever static and that change that is inherent within our little meritocracy and is our greatness.

Oh the other hand, we have a replay of the Hartlepool Monkey where pig ignorant fishermen and peasants hung a monkey thinking it was a French spy. "The fishermen apparently questioned the monkey and held a beach-based trial. Unfamiliar with what a Frenchman looked like they came to the conclusion that this monkey was a French spy and should be sentenced to death. The unfortunate creature was to die by hanging, with the mast of a fishing boat (a coble) providing a convenient gallows."
 http://www.thisishartlepool.co.uk/history/thehartlepoolmonkey.asp

Linux user# 44256