Re: Joey Hess is out?

Mart van de Wege wrote:
Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> writes:

Ahoj,

Dňa Sat, 08 Nov 2014 16:03:46 +0100 Mart van de Wege
<mvdwege@gmail.com> napísal:

Why don't the anti-systemd people do what they've been threatening the
whole time and fuck off to another distro or to FreeBSD?
This is exact example why i stopped all my contribution to Debian, and
i will not start it again, despite if i stay with Debian in future or
not! I orphan my packages in near future.

If the community consider people which have another opinion as bad, it
is time do not contribute to it more. And whole debate is about one
idea: If you don't like systemd, you are stupid.

I consider people that bring nothing else but their opinion to the table
as lesser than people who do the actual development, yes. In this
discussion at least.

If you can't even be bothered to set up a test server to look at
systemd, but instead foul up the mailing lists creating a climate where
threats to the actual developers become normal, then you can sod off. I
wouldn't trust you to sit the right way on a toilet seat.

So you're saying that reading specs, documentation, install reports, bug reports, q&a threads about specific problems, and so forth, are not useful ways to evaluate technology? Where I come from, that's called doing one's homework.

Miles Fidelman